Welcome to Norfolk Fitness
At NFC, we are a full-service training facility with over 9000 square feet of workout space including cardio and weight machines, free weights, and a functional training area. There are two racquetball courts on site, plus an indoor pool, hot tub, and dry sauna. We offer a wide range of fitness classes. We also have personal training services for anyone looking for something extra to add to their routine. We have a little bit of everything for everyone.
***An update from the staff and management of Norfolk Fitness Centre***
Please be advised that Norfolk Fitness Centre closed its doors to the
general public at 1pm March 17, 2020 due to Covid-19.
July 23, 2020
To all of our incredible members and patrons, thank you for your patience and understanding. It is hard to believe that we have recently crossed into our 5th month of closure due to Covid-19. As I am sure most of you have heard, Norfolk County joins the rest of the province in entering phase three of re-opening of the province, on Friday July 24, 2020.
Many of you have reached out to us to see what our plan for the facility will be now that we have the green light to re-open including what protocols and changes we have made, what cleaning processes we will be implementing and what services will be available or unavailable when we re-open the doors.
The big question we have been asked is, will we open on July 24th and the answer to that question unfortunately is no. We know that this will not be a popular answer. We realize that all Canadians and specifically the residents of Norfolk County are anxious to get back to normal. We do as well. This is not a financial decision. It is a decision that we feel is in the best interest of our staff and members. We are acutely aware that fitness centres have been a big concern in the re-opening process. We are often referred to in potential worst-case scenarios with regards to community transmission of Covid-19. As such we have made the difficult decision to delay our opening for approximately another 6 weeks. We anticipate a grand re-opening of the facility to the general public after the labour day weekend, on Tuesday September 8th, 2020. This date is subject to change as we take a wait and see approach as to how well we handle the next stage of the re-opening of the province. We do not want to go through the effort of re-opening the facility to find ourselves in the position of having to close again shortly thereafter. If things remain the same or improve between now and then, we anticipate an earlier, members only, opening on Monday August 17th. To be clear, this first phase of our re-opening will only be for members who had time remaining on existing memberships as of March 17th, 2020 when we closed the facility. No new memberships, renewals, or day passes will be allowed into the facility until the grand re-opening of the facility in September. Also, note that during the pre-opening, all admittance to club will be on a reservation basis only with no walk-ins. Watch for updates on this website for more information.
While we have been closed, we have taken numerous steps to get ready for our inevitable re-opening.
- We have analysed traffic flow, spacing, capacity, operational and cleaning processes.
- We have moved much of the cardio machinery and weight equipment around upstairs to assist with social distancing.
- We have installed numerous hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- We have replaced our Ecolab sanitizer chemical with an Ecolab disinfectant that kills the Covid-19 virus. We will clean everything, using our new disinfectant, continuously during our hours of operation. All cleaning bottles for guest use will also use this disinfectant. (All guests of the facility will and must clean the equipment they are using after they are done using it. Failure to adhere to this policy will mean an immediate termination of membership for that guest and all entry privileges to the facility will be revoked without refund.)
- All financial transactions at the facility will now be electronic only. We will not be accepting cash/coin/cheque. We will only accept Visa, Mastercard and Debit card.
- Hours of operation and capacity in the gym will be revised. Unfortunately, we will not be able to allow as many patrons in the club at a time as before. You will see temporary changes to our hours of operation to allow more time for cleaning during the day.
- You will also see dedicated workout time for seniors only.
Unfortunately, availability of some services and amenities will be temporarily suspended. We have decided to not open the pool area until all social distancing restrictions have been permanently removed. The sauna and hot tub are both less than 6 feet across and will not be able to re-open until all social distancing restrictions are relaxed. Racquetball is an activity that is still not approved because of proximity of the players and will be unavailable. Showers at the facility will also be unavailable at this time. Please plan to shower at home after your workout. High intensity cardio fitness classes will not resume right away. We will be offering low cardio intensity classes focusing on yoga, stretch and core. Watch this website for updates.
As previously posted, please note that all pre-paid memberships were put on pause effective March 17, 2020. No one has lost any time on their membership. Once the gym is re-opened, we will start the clock on all memberships as if nothing ever happened. All members who were enrolled in a pre-authorized payment plan, those plans will also resume after the grand re-opening. We realize that as anxious as many of our members are for us to re-open, there are some who have anxiety when thinking about coming back to a facility full of people and have no intention of coming back until things are completely back to normal. Anyone who finds themselves in that situation, we will gladly continue to keep their membership on hold until they are fully comfortable coming back.
For all questions or clarification, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org